The Beach Circuit - (Route 3)
Pack your bucket and spade for this circuit taking in some of the area’s best beaches and wonderful scenery.
Distance (approx): 21.4 Miles
Average Time: 3 – 5 hours with a few stops
- Bantham Beach – Premier Surf spot. Board hire and lessons available.
- South Milton Sands – Large, sandy beach featuring the legendary ‘Thurle’ Stone.
- Hope Cove – Charming old fishing village with two different beaches
- Bolberry Down – Some of the best coastal views around at this National Trust beautyspot
- Salcombe – Iconic sailing town full of shops, galleries and a museum.
1. Go left from the Business Park and straight over the roundabout to Bantham Beach
2. Go back on yourself and right at the Sloop Inn. Right again after the converted Chapel in West Buckland and then right again to Thurlestone
3. Ride past the golf club and turn right at top of the small hill. Push bike over footbridge to South Milton Sands. Need to negotiate kissing gates. If too difficult, ride towards South Milton and take right turn at Mill Farm and right again to South Milton Sands.
4. Pass the car park and bear right to Galmpton. Right again and on to Hope Cove.
5. Follow road to Inner Hope and then on through Bolberry. Optional detour here to Bolberry Down and magnificent cliff-top views. Turn right at next junction and then make a left to take you past Higher Rew Camping Park. A right at bottom of the hill takes you to South Sands beach
6. Follow coast road to North Sands, bear right and then on through Salcombe to Lower Batson
7. Take the lanes on to Kingsbridge, up the fore street, turn left past the Police Station and back to the hire centre
This will open the route on Google Maps
This will open a PDF of the route