The Dart Delight - (Route 5)
This, partly traffic-free, route links the two towns of Totnes and Dartmouth showcasing the wonderful River Dart and many fantastic and
interesting places and villages along the way.
Distance (approx): 14/29 Miles
Average Time: 4/8 hours with a few stops
- Shops at Dartington – high class independent shopping complex
- Fascinating Totnes with a Norman Castle
- Sharpham Winery – quality English Wine and Cheese
- Dartmouth town and Castle
- Greenway – National Trust home of Agatha Christie
A shorter (14 miles), traffic-free route can be used by returning back to base at Ashprington
1. Start at the ‘Shops at Dartington’ and follow the traffic-free trail to Totnes which is part of the National Cycle Network Route 2
2. Carry on through Totnes town, past Morrisons and follow the River Dart trail all the way to Ashprington where the trail ends. Turn back here for the shorter route. Sharpham Vineyard is worth a detour for wine lovers!
3. Follow the lanes on through the pretty villages of Tuckenhay and Dittisham taking detours to the River for views!
4. On to Dartmouth exploring the town at leisure. Take the lower ferry over to Kingswear and head uphill to Galmpton. Carry on to Stoke Gabriel.
5. Ride through Stoke Gabriel and join up with the main road from Paignton to Totnes. Carry on to Totnes and over Brutus Bridge.
6. Join up with the trail here to take you back to the shops at Dartington.
This will open the route on Google Maps
This will open a PDF of the route