The Slapton Circuit - (Route 6)
Views to die for on this route which is for confident riders only as much of the cycling is on main roads. Some map management required to stay on track.
Distance (approx): 20 Miles
Average Time: 4-5 hours with a few stops
- Dartmouth Castle
- Torcross War Memorial Tank
- Unrivalled Coastal Views
- 2 mile Slapton Ley freshwater lake by the sea
- Michael Sutton’s Wine Cellar
1. Start off from Torcross riding along the coast road and turn left to Slapton at the memorial.
2. Through village and uphill turning right at Buckland Cross signed Gara Mill. Right at Thorn cross and next right at Farm Buildings.
3. Carry on the narrow lanes, past a farm and left at the T-Junction. After a few hundred yards turn right signed Embridge & Bowden.
4. Carry on past Michael Suttons Cellar (Wine Shop) and through the hamlet of Venn. At Venn junction turn left towards Totnes.
5. When you reach the main road (A3122) turn right and descend to Dartmouth Higher Ferry
6. Ride along the front in to town and on to the castle at the mouth of the river.
7. From the castle follow the coastal road to Stoke Fleming. Join the main road here and follow this all the way back to Torcross enjoying the fantastic views.
This will open the route on Google Maps
This will open a PDF of the route